Honors and Awards
- Pierre Fauchard Academy, fellow
- Phi Sigma Biological Honor Society, Beta Chapter, Northeastern University
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon National Dental Honor Society
- Robert R. Andrews Honor Society, Tufts School of Dental Medicine
Licenses and Certification
- Maryland State Board of Dental Examiners
- Northeast Regional Board of Dental Examiners
- Joint Commission on National Dental Examinations, Parts I and II
Memberships and Professional Affiliations
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Middle Atlantic Society of Orthodontists
- Maryland State Society of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association
- Pierre Fauchard Academy
- Delta Sigma Delta Dental Fraternity
- Damon Study Club of Maryland, Washington D.C. and Northern Virginia, president 2006-2007
- Dean’s Faculty, University of Maryland, Baltimore College of Dental Surgery, 2006 to the present
- A Practical Treatment Objective: Alveolar Bone Modeling with a Fixed Continuous Appliance, T Barron, F Bogdan, Clinical Impressions, vol 20, 1 2017
- New Protocols with Passive Self-Ligating Brackets Yield Extraordinary Results, Ortho Tribune, Vol 1, No. 1, July 2006
- Damon System/Spreading The Word: Extraordinary Practice Growth Through Public Education, Clinical Impressions, Vol. 15, No. 2, 2006
- Damon System/Bio-Adaptive Therapy, Educational CD-ROM and Manual, Ormco/Sybron, 2006
- What’s Your Next Move? Dental Economics, 76-83, April 2003
- Managed Care: What’s Your Next Move? Praxis, 5-9 November 2002
- Marketing Luncheons: A New Twist, Praxis, 12-14, September 2002
Facial expressions are unique to human beings, and key components of social interaction. Of the thousands of different expressions that the human face is capable of, the human smile is one of the most important. It reveals underlying joy and signifies appreciation, love, agreement, acceptance, and a willingness to cooperate with others. Teeth are the major factor in the attractiveness of the smile and of facial aesthetics in general. Being an orthodontist and having the ability to create a beautiful smile for someone can literally change the course of their life. As an orthodontist, Dr. Barron delights in improving smiles and facial aesthetics for people every day.
Dr. Barron has enjoyed creating beautiful, healthy smiles for patients in the greater Baltimore area for more than three decades. During this time, he and his team have dedicated themselves to improving the self-esteem and well-being of others through orthodontic care.
Dr. Barron’s aptitude for the sciences and desire to improve the lives of others started him on the path to dental medicine and eventually the specialty of orthodontics. His basic science training began at Northeastern University, where he received a Bachelor of Science with honors in biology. He received his Doctorate of Dental Medicine at Tufts University School of Dental Medicine and completed a combined postdoctoral degree in orthodontics and a Master of Science in oral biology at the University of Maryland, Baltimore College of Dental Surgery.
In addition to lecturing nationally as a consultant for ORMCO, a top orthodontic research and manufacturing company, Dr. Barron is also an assistant clinical professor at the University of Maryland School of Dentistry, where he teaches part time in the Department of Orthodontics. He has taught colleagues and students around the world about the Damon™ System of low-force orthodontics.
He has co-authored and designed teaching modules, along with Dr. Dwight Damon and Dr. Frank Bogdan, that have been translated into several languages and are used at universities worldwide to teach orthodontic students.
Originally from Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Dr. Barron has resided in Baltimore County since 1988. He and his wife Mary have raised their son Chris and daughter Julia here. Chris earned degrees in law and business and lives in the Washington, D.C. area. Julia’s love of music took her to New Orleans to obtain a degree in music industry studies. She has worked at popular music venues and is currently pursuing non-profit work to help the less fortunate in Austin, Texas.
Dr. Barron is an avid guitar player who also enjoys fishing, golfing, and doing remodeling projects around the house. He is also a die-hard Washington Capitals fan. Spending time with his family and grand-dogs is his number-one favorite thing to do.